Corrected function name - strain

Fixed the function name. The exercise template and the description had different function names.

That documentation comes from an upstream repository of canonical data for practice exercises including strain (see GitHub - exercism/problem-specifications: Shared metadata for exercism exercises.) so track-specific edits to instructions.md aren’t recommended. They’ll likely get overwritten the next time docs are synced. Additional track-specific content should go in .docs/instructions-append.md which gets displayed below .docs/instructions.md .

However, the current instructions mention that the function names may not match (see below). If that wasn’t clear to you, how might we clarify the text upstream in the problem-specification repo so all 71 Exercism tracks benefit?

“The functions may be called keep and discard, or they may need different names in order to not clash with existing functions or concepts in your language.”

Thank you! It didn’t bother me at all, I just saw a discrepancy and decided to “contribute”)).
P.S. I didn’t know that there was a separate repo with problem specifications.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I opened a separate thread at Clarify `strain` instructions to see about getting consensus on updating the docs for this exercise.