New #12in23 Badge for completing all the things

It seems wise to roughly plan out all featured exercises for the rest of the year already, so that it can be made sure that fitting exercises are still left for the later months.

2 Likes

Knowing beforehand could also help to prep the exercises with more documentation (or adding them to the tracks at all).

1 Like

About 24hrs currently :slight_smile:

I more meant prioritise over the rest of the year though (as it’s a year-long badge).

Yeah - agreed. @ErikSchierboom is juggling a lot atm, but this sounds like a sensible thing to add to his list :slight_smile:

We’re also trying to prioritise these exercises for our description rewrites.

Maybe this can be crowd sourced?

1 Like

If you’d like to start a new thread with some suggestions in and encourage others to partake with suggestions, I’m sure @ErikSchierboom would appreciate that!

1 Like

Voici

3 Likes

Awesome. And big kudos for the two points in bold! In Katrina’s words “That’s a really good post.” and I couldn’t agree more! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @MatthijsBlom! Crowd-sourcing is a great idea. I’ll chime in with some thoughts too at some point, but only after others have suggested exercises.

2 Likes

I’ve done the recommended exercises currently available in the Clojure and C++ tracks and they taught me a lot. So thanks for recommending these exercises that are teaching key concepts!

I’m reall looking forward to doing more of these during the year! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey everyone! While I’m having quite a blast with the recommended exercises and the challenge, I might have hit a bug in the evaluation for the year-long-badge exercises. I’ve done Robot Simulator in Elixir, with a total of 6 iterations. I’ve gotten the exercise on the 12in23 status page after the first one, but I was quite unhappy with my solution after looking at some other people’s code, so I’ve reworked it quite a bit and deleted iterations 1-5 afterwards. Now the exercise is not listed anymore on the status page. Has anyone else seen this? Is this inteded? If so, I’ll do it again in another language (looking at you F#) or so. :smiley:

On your exercise’s Overview page, click the gear icon beside “Your published solution” and select “Change published iterations”

Well, that was easy. Thanks for the hint mate. :+1:

@iHiD Since I got the Feb. and Mar. badge, shouldn’t I have 10/10 exercises? Only the March is counted with 5/10.

The Feb badge was for completing any 5 exercises.

The “big” badge requires specific exercises. The functional ones were

• Languages: Clojure, Elixir, Erlang, F#, Haskell, OCaml, Scala, SML, Gleam
  • Exercises: Hamming, Collatz Conjecture, Robot Simulator, Yacht, Protein Translation

Those can be completed any time in 2023

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, my fault. Will try from those mentioned exercises. Thank you.

1 Like

No valid exercises found

So sad. I guess I have more work to do.

1 Like

@iHiD Already a chance to provide the specific April tasks for this?

Are it those mentioned on the site?

• ETL: Reshape data into a different format
  • Largest Series Product: Look for patterns in a string of digits
  • Saddle Points: Work with multidimensional arrays
  • Sum Of Multiples: Practice filtering and summation of a sequence of numbers
  • Word Count: Convert a string into words and count them
1 Like

Those are the correct ones April exercises.

Just noticed a minor typo with the total count for the year long exercises process, it’s not updated from 15 to 20. It has counted Acronyms for this month though.

It’s even better here. I have 16 of 15. :wink: