The #12in23 Challenge!

Based on my board, I’d say sorted by number of exercises.

1 Like

Bro, they aren’t locked you just choose another track and start doing that one, and it will appear on that box!

1 Like

I want to maximize the fun here. Since part of the #12in23 challenge is opening ourselves up to new ideas, Can we get badges for the different paradigms we try? Like different badges for #Imperative, #Functional, #OOP. Is there a #Metaprogramming badge for certain challenges? For that matter is there a guide to the different badges you can earn?? This is definitely a fun challenge.

2 Likes

Are there plans to point out especially interesting exercises for featured languages?

1 Like

Great idea. Have put that into the list of badges for the future. Watch this space and thanks for the brilliant suggestion!

Did someone say #12in23 badges...? :wink:

1 Like

Yes. We’ll be doing that as part of each month. (cc @ErikSchierboom)

yes, #12in23 but these would call attention to the ideas one is learning…

1 Like

lol, for the Metaprogramming badge we could even ask Facebook to sponsor the event… #Meta_for_MetaProgramming!

1 Like

Is already known which ones? I might try to quickly cook up some Approaches on the Haskell track.

1 Like

Not yet, but that is a great idea!

1 Like

This is an amazing idea! Looking forward to it. I’m not sure if I missed it somewhere but as a part of this challenge, I was hoping for a list of top recommended languages that are most useful to learn as well as links to some recommended resources to learn each of those languages. Can you provide that? Would be a great way to help motivate people to follow through on this!

1 Like

The #12in23 monthly themes are finalized! links to a spreadsheet that lays out which languages are in focus / highlighted in each month.

This depends on, well, you. Maybe someone can tell you, if you tell them about your background, goals, and interests.

This does not yet exist. Feel free to open threads asking for this for individual languages here on the forum.

I don’t think the Exercism staff by itself has enough expertise to provide this. The input of many individuals is needed.

2 Likes

For functional February and Haskell, I can wholeheartedly recommend https://haskell.mooc.fi/. It is such a great course!

4 Likes

Every track has a dedicated page for learning resources.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Javascript - Help with ‘Hello, World’

2 posts were split to a new topic: Picking a Language for Functional Feb #12in23

I hope I won’t have to wait till the end of the year for the badge.

2 Likes

If I understood it correctly, you would have to do some exercises in February to get the Functional Badge.

1 Like

Your next challenge: go beyond 5 exercises to really get a handle on those languages.

2 Likes