Weekly community call

No. I meant tomorrow (normal time). Sorry! I’ve updated it.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m going to take the evening off later so there’s no weekly call. I’ve got time aside on Monday to consider what these look like moving forward so will hopefully have some clarity soon.

If you’ve not watched the José interview, that’s a fun thing to do instead! Interview and AMA with José Valim - Creator of Elixir - YouTube

6 Likes

Hey everyone. No call today (Feb 17th) but there will be one next Friday (24th), during which we’ll be discussing the Exercism Insiders idea in more detail (I’ll write a forum post up for this by then) and the future of these weekly calls and how they evolve (which I’ll also try to draft some ideas for so you have time to consider).

Have a great weekend everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminder that we’re chatting today at 5.30pm UTC and we use GoToMeeting to host the call: GoTo - Jeremy Walker

3 Likes

Sorry to have missed it today. Please let us know when a recording becomes available.

2 Likes

Missed you, @glennj! Here’s the recording: GoTo Meeting Transcripts

1 Like

Hi Everyone, short reminder that there is no community call this evening!

Have a wonderful weekend! :raised_hands:

There is a call tomorrow (March 17th). There is not one the week after.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, just a reminder that there is NO COMMUNITY CALL today.

See you soon!

This week the interview with Bjarne will be instead of the community call: Interview and AMA with Bjarne Stroustrup - Creator of C++ - YouTube

1 Like

We’ll be having a call tomorrow at 16:30 UTC but it will be Discord in the #stage channel.

2 Likes

Are recordings of the Discord community calls made available? I didn’t have much success with last week’s call (connection limits, no audio when I did get in) and the timing probably won’t work for me this week.

I don’t know if Discord provides recordings, but I’ll look into it.

The connection limits should be fixed for next time. For the audio issues, a couple of people had the issue that Discord had the wrong speaker set up (for me, it set my mic as my speaker), which caused that pain.

1 Like

Discord does not provide recording options, you could perhaps use a bot that servers that purpose though.

Thanks @Meatball. Any ideas on a specific bot that does this?

(cc @IsaacG as the creator of all the Discord Bots!)

This bot records audio, Craig.

Could be some privacy concerns though.
The simplest would just be to bring up obs and hit record, but I guess there could be some legal concerns, where I live so are recordings laws not that strict but it could differ in other countries.

There’s a call this week (April 28th): Exercism

There’s a call this week (May 12th): Exercism

Hi everyone, no community call this week (may 19). Have a great weekend!