House Exercise!

same failed with multiple verses…

### CODE RUN

self.assertEqual(
recite(4, 8),

### TEST FAILURE

AssertionError: None != ['This is the cat that killed the rat tha[759 chars]lt.']

### YOUR OUTPUT

This is the cat that killed the rat that ate the malt that lay in the house that Jack built. This is the dog that worried the cat that killed the rat that ate the malt that lay in the house that Jack built. This is the cow with the crumpled horn that tossed the dog that worried the cat that killed the rat that ate the malt that lay in the house that Jack built. This is the maiden all forlorn that milked the cow with the crumpled horn that tossed [Output was truncated. Please limit to 500 chars]

Have you completed any other exercises?

What type of data does your function return? What type of data does the test expect the function to return?

How and where I know type of data that function to return?

I have Completed 28 exercises, In Progress 3, Available 0 and Locked 109

IsaacG, you can review the result of this exercise on the community solutions and you say me what is my problem or possible solution with code?

I have this and 2 exercises pending to continue, now I cannot continue with others exercises.

A function returns whatever you tell it to return. In Python, you return data from a function using the return keyword. Every Python exercise requires that you return something.

The test shows, that it calls the function recite(11, 11) (that tells you what the input arguments are). The expected data is encoded in the failure message:

### TEST FAILURE

AssertionError: None != ['This is the farmer sowing his corn that[319 chars]lt.']

It expects a list of strings (['This is ...', ...]). That means you need to return a list of strings from your function.

Thanks IsaacG.