It would be too disruptive for all the other tracks to add a link-checking workflow to the org-wide-files. But I think it would be helpful to add into the generic-track repo so that new tracks get it by default.
Perhaps it should be a monthly GitHub action instead of a workflow check.
stackoverflow.com and rosettacode.org added CAPTCHA or other blocking of lychee’s checks, and this meant PRs could not be merged until I added the domains to .lycheeignore
The website https://factorcode.org/ was down for a day or two, and this also blocked merges.
Even without Require status checks to pass before merging, workflow failures are distracting for reviewers.
I’d welcome a monthly link check in my repo. Maybe like the configlet-sync as a workflow to add or may be opt-in via .github/org-wide-files-config.toml?
OK, the exercism/github-actions PR has been merged. If you, as a maintainer, want monthly link checking in your repo (and not run as something that will block CI), you can add this workflow:
name: Check Links
on:
workflow_dispatch:
schedule:
- cron: 0 0 15 * * # 15th day of each month
jobs:
call-gha-workflow:
uses: exercism/github-actions/.github/workflows/link-checker.yml@main
It also can be manually dispatched to do link checking on demand.
I forgot to mention: If you use this workflow, you should add a .lycheeignore file to the repo containing patterns for domains known to not accept bot requests. At minimum