Hello. Over the next few days we’ll be rolling out nudges for mentoring. The aim of this is to encourage discussions to continue in a timely manner and not leave mentors with hundreds of abandoned discussions for which they cannot receive reputation etc. This has been discussed in previous posts and on community calls.
The functionality is as follows:
- Nudges are sent to students and mentors if they have not responded to a discussion for a number of days.
- Three nudges are sent at 7, 14 and 21 days.
- At 28 days the conversation is automatically timed out, which puts it in pretty much the same state as a discussion finished by both a mentor and student. Both the student and mentor receive a notification + email.
- For (only) the next 7 days, a rating+testimonial can still be left by the student.
- After 7 days a mentor discussion is “finalised” and ratings/testimonials cannot be left.
- At any stage afterwards, students and mentors can still post extra comments as has always been the case.
Along with this:
- Mentor’s “number of discussions completed” and “number of students mentored” are only based on finalised discussions (either those a student has marked as completed, or 7 days after a mentor marks them as completed).
Over the weekend:
- I will batch-close all discussions older than 28 days (without sending notifications/emails).
- We will start sending automated notifications for things within 1 day of their actual point. (e.g. we’ll send the 21 day notification to discussions that are 21-22 days unresponded).