Hi . I solved the “Wordy” exercise in Haskell using parsec. However, I have submitted 2 solns. First one, the parser checks only for positive or negative integers. Second solutions, simply excludes whitespace and “?”. Both ran successfully. I have a suggestion. Will it be possible to add a test case, where some of the numbers are in the form of “1249a” , and so on? SO that this fails? If it is alright, may I add this test case?
The tests come from the problem spec. Is there something Haskell-specific about this suggestion or would this apply to the exercise more broadly?
This isn’t haskell specific. It applies to the problem. I would like to add a case where the user has to parse “1352a”, and fail. My implementation was in Haskell, so I thought of sharing that.
I would recommend opening a new thread that is language agnostic in that case, proposing a change to the problem spec so maintainers can discuss the idea ![]()
Most tracks prefer not diverging from the spec when possible. It keeps things cleaner.
Thank you. I will do that.