Add more tests to Markdown [pr]

edit in pr:
add test to make sure _ and __ don’t get interpreted

possible suggestion:
maybe add two matching opening/closings throughout 2 paragraphs that should not be interpreted

You may want to read through this doc: Suggesting Exercise Improvements | Exercism's Docs

Hi @UsernameWasTaken :wave:

Two things:

1. Markdown is a practice exercise that draws its problem description and test data from a common cross-track repository called problem specifications .

The exercise on the Python track is auto-generated from the problem specs repo.

Suggestions for improving the exercise/test data, should be made under problem specifications, so that all tracks can benefit from the discussion. Any changes made to the Python track directly would be overwritten when the exercise was next synced.

2. Whatever you’ve done to customize your email “from” line for GitHub, it’s pretty annoying. I am really not interested in having multiple email notifications from GitHub titled “you feel like you might enjoy some brain damage. Why are you reading my profile?”. Especially when I get notifications on multiple repos.

@UsernameWasTaken To be clear, you need to set a sensible name on GitHub (even if it’s something like anonymous-user-123) rather than a paragraph of text :slight_smile:

Sorry about that. I haven’t changed it in a while. I changed it now.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: