Adding new practice exercises

A topic for announcing/requesting the ownership of creating new practice exercises. I thought this would be tidier than a new topic per exercise.

Done Exercises
Claimed Exercises
  • Sieve - glennj
Unclaimed Exercises
  • Affine Cipher
  • Alphametics
  • Baffling Birthdays
  • Bank Account
  • Book Store
  • Bottle Song
  • Bowling
  • Camicia
  • Circular Buffer
  • Clock
  • Collatz Conjecture
  • Complex Numbers
  • Connect
  • Conway’s Game of Life
  • Crypto Square
  • Custom Set
  • D&D Character
  • Darts
  • Diamond
  • Dominoes
  • DOT DSL
  • Error Handling
  • ETL
  • Flatten Array
  • Food Chain
  • Forth
  • Gigasecond
  • Go Counting
  • Grade School
  • Grains
  • Grep
  • Hamming
  • High Scores
  • House
  • Intergalactic Transmission
  • ISBN Verifier
  • Killer Sudoku Helper
  • Kindergarten Garden
  • Knapsack
  • Largest Series Product
  • Ledger
  • Lens Person
  • Line Up
  • Linked List
  • List Ops
  • Luhn
  • Markdown
  • Matrix
  • Meetup
  • Micro Blog
  • Nth Prime
  • Nucleotide Count
  • OCR Numbers
  • PaaS I/O
  • Palindrome Products
  • Parallel Letter Frequency
  • Pascal’s Triangle
  • Perfect Numbers
  • Piecing It Together
  • Pig Latin
  • Poker
  • POV
  • Prime Factors
  • Proverb
  • Pythagorean Triplet
  • Queen Attack
  • Rail Fence Cipher
  • Rational Numbers
  • React
  • Rectangles
  • Relative Distance
  • REST API
  • Reverse String
  • Robot Name
  • Robot Simulator
  • Saddle Points
  • Satellite
  • Save the Cow
  • Say
  • Scrabble Score
  • Secret Handshake
  • Series
  • SGF Parsing
  • Simple Cipher
  • Simple Linked List
  • Spiral Matrix
  • Split-Second Stopwatch
  • Square Root
  • State of Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Sublist
  • Sum of Multiples
  • Swift Scheduling
  • Tournament
  • Transpose
  • Tree Building
  • Triangle
  • Twelve Days
  • Two Bucket
  • Variable Length Quantity
  • Word Search
  • Wordy
  • Yacht
  • Zebra Puzzle
  • Zipper

I’ll claim seive to start with.

I think I’ll look into creating a test generator while I’m in there. Nevermind, I just need to learn the existing setup. I may be updating the contributing doc.

If you did want to look at the test generator, I think it might make more sense to have it hook into configlet’s cached problem-specifications rather than have problem-specifications as a local submodule in the repo. There were some complications that arose from the current setup that might be simpler with such a setup. I’d still for sure keep the CI that checks whether all of the test suites as generated match what the CI can generate from the templates against the current upstream problem-specifications. That’ll help catch regressions if we tweak the generator or templates and it affects an exercise we weren’t looking at.

1 Like