Adding "square-root" to Haskell

This PR adds the Square Root exercise to Haskell.

I’m quite new to Haskell, so I’m not sure I got it right.

1 Like

Touching the config files for other exercises shouldn’t be in this PR.

1 Like

Thanks.

Completely missed that, will fix.

The changes look formatting changes so I think configlet create --practice-exercise square-root may have been used. That formats existing config files in the process.

But yeah, I’d revert those changes and maybe make a separate PR with just the reformatted configs so it doesn’t pop up the next time someone adds an exercise

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what happened sine the track config is also rearranged. It’s unfortunately noisy the first time you use configlet create inside a track repo, but subsequent exercises should be much less noisy.

The other gotcha I see is that configlet create doesn’t add the invalidator entry to the exercise’s config. See haskell/exercises/practice/armstrong-numbers/.meta/config.json at 594515bfbe1026a34f375e920a54e3e8ce2b3741 · exercism/haskell · GitHub for an example of the invalidator you should add. The setting is important because if a maintainer updates the contents of that stack.yaml file, it’ll invalidate existing student solutions and tell them to update their exercise.

2 Likes

Have fixed.

1 Like

Last thing is that some maintainers get more GitHub notifications than they can reasonably track. They may also not have Exercism forum notifications set up outside the subforums for their tracks. Therefore, the last thing for me to do is CC @MatthijsBlom and @tofische, and they can take it from here. :slight_smile:

1 Like