Additional Badges for Bash Track?

After having spent the last few months chipping away at the Bash track, I’m most of the way through it now. And seeing my progress bar grow steadily has been a big motivator. But so are the badges and the first few badges up until the 50% badge are relatively regular for different achievements. But then there’s a big gulf between that and either the “bash completion” badge or “5 hard” badge. Of course “5 hard” can be gotten sooner by working out of order.

I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be a progression of increasingly more challenging (rarity) badges to achieve, that’s it’s own sort of reward.

But it might be nice to have a couple intermediate badges as waypoints to work towards… couple ideas:

  • 75% complete
  • 10 medium

Maybe “solve all the exercises on the concept map” (since the concept map usually contains more than the learning track exercises).

There’s no “concept map” for the bash track because it’s not (yet) a “learning mode” track, unfortunately. But it would be great if it were!

Ah yes sorry, I forgot there’s no learning track on bash. Could be an idea for other language tracks, I guess.

IIRC there’s an upper limit of 8 badges per track and I think tracks need to select those badges from a collection of generic badges. Offhand I don’t recall how that is all configured, but the available badges aren’t track specific.

Yeah, up to eight track-specific trophies that are automatically available for you to get when a track satisfies certain criteria. Pretty much all tracks are going to have at least six available (see below). If they have enough hard-difficulty exercises, that’s the 7th trophy. The final trophy is available once a track has a learning mode / syllabus you can complete.

The first trophy you can earn is for completing twenty exercises of any difficulty.
The second is for completing 50% of the available exercises.
The third is for completing all the available exercises.
The fourth is for being mentored.
The fifth is for reading a lot of community solutions.
The sixth is for submitting at least two solutions across twenty exercises.