I have not been practicing for a while so I setup the cli and made sure all the go resources are installed but still see this…
exercism download --track=go --exercise=hello-world
Error: You do not have access to this resource
I have not been practicing for a while so I setup the cli and made sure all the go resources are installed but still see this…
exercism download --track=go --exercise=hello-world
Error: You do not have access to this resource
Did you set up the token?
I’m having this error too. I configured everything step by step. The token is saved in the /home/gander/.config/exercism/user.json file.
Troubleshooting Information
===========================
Version
----------------
Current: 3.5.8
Latest: 3.5.8
Operating System
----------------
OS: linux
Architecture: amd64
Configuration
----------------
Home: /home/gander
Workspace: /home/gander/exercism
Config: /home/gander/.config/exercism
API key: f10a*****************************4fc
API Reachability
----------------
GitHub:
* https://api.github.com
* [connected]
* 32.552239ms
Exercism:
* https://api.exercism.org/v1/ping
* [connected]
* 203.019596ms
What command did you run? What is the output? Did you join the track?
I joined the PHP track in 2021, but only started doing the exercises yesterday. Here’s my progress:
I just installed the CLI and tried to download this exercise:
But I got an error:
exercism download --track=php --exercise=city-office
Error: You do not have access to this resource
If it’s been 5 years the exercise might be in a weird state. You may want to try resetting the exercise using the ... on the exercise page.
Ok… I’ll try this solution. Good thing I have automatic backups of my solutions.
I’m suggesting resetting a single exercise, not the entire track
I reset and left the php track, then rejoined, trying:
exercism download --track=php --exercise=hello-world
Same error.
Thanks, that narrowed it down a lot. The error messages for downloading exercises tend to be from the API, not the CLI itself. Hello, World! doesn’t have any prereqs and should always be available.
After resetting my token on Exercism, I was able to replicate your error message since the CLI was still using the old (and now invalid) token. The CLI will try to warn you if you configure an invalid token, but it won’t check if the currently configured token becomes invalid later.
Edit
(base) ➜ hello-world exercism download --track=php --exercise=city-office
Error: You do not have access to this resource
(base) ➜ hello-world exercism configure -t ... # replace old token
(base) ➜ hello-world exercism download --track=php --exercise=city-office
Error: You have not unlocked this exercise
Finally!
exercism download --track=php --exercise=hello-world
Downloaded to
/home/gander/PhpstormProjects/exercism-workspace/php/hello-world
Thank You, @BNAndras!