Is there a version of the x86-64 track that uses AT&T syntax and works on Linux? Even with the .intel_syntax directive, the standard binutils assembler (aka GNU gas) won’t assemble your hello-world code.
Thanks!
Is there a version of the x86-64 track that uses AT&T syntax and works on Linux? Even with the .intel_syntax directive, the standard binutils assembler (aka GNU gas) won’t assemble your hello-world code.
Thanks!
No, there isn’t a AT&T syntax version of the track.
Have you tried these installation instructions?
Yes - I did see the instructions but decided to ask because I prefer to use the GNU assembler - I’m used to the AT&T syntax for inline assembly and the output of gcc or llvm. I’ll go ahead and install NASM and leave conversion to gas as another exercise. Thanks!
There’s a lot of ways to do things. The documented way is known to work and is supported – including on Linux. Other approaches … they might work but you’re on your own there ![]()