BASH: Learning exercises needed

I’m having a lot of difficulty doing the exercises in BASH. I believe it is a language with a much slower learning curve than Python, learning exercises would be very useful… is there any prediction for this?

No prediction. Learning exercises are a lot of work and made by volunteers. At this stage, i don’t believe anyone is working on them.

Fully agree they would be valuable though, especially as Bash is one of our most popular tracks.

1 Like

The introduction of Learning modules in the exercises that already exist would be great…

I’m a big fan of Learning syllabuses, and have contributed to a few. I thought a bit about how a Bash syllabus might look, but pretty much drew a blank. It’s hard to teach, as well as hard to learn.

A pity, as it’s also a very important language.

The Wooledge wiki page is a very good bash resource, if you’re looking to learn the language. While it’s not integrated into Exercism as a syllabus, if you’re familiar with another language or two and basic programming structures, you should be able to use it to look things up as you work through the exercises.

2 Likes

To find that wiki, start at How to learn Bash | Exercism's Docs and follow the “Greg’s Wiki” link.