Benchmark for Simple Linked Lists hangs

When I run go test -bench . in Simple Linked Lists, the benchmark gets to ListPop, then is unresponsive. I pressed ^C after about 40 seconds. I don’t know if this is a problem with the benchmark or my setup. I am on Ubuntu 26.04.

What’s the code you are benchmarking locally?

Should I paste all the code in a reply, or is there a way to attach a file?

You should be able to post the full code into a response. Please use a codeblock.

Bah. The tests stop the timer without restarting it so Go registers the time as 0 and keeps running. It’s a bug in the benchmark file. I’m on it.

1 Like

[simple-linked-list] Fix benchmark timers that were breaking timing by IsaacG · Pull Request #3135 · exercism/go · GitHub should fix the issue.

1 Like

That fixed it, thanks!