Boutique-Suggestions, Comprehensions

Hey Guys!

hoping you’re having a good time!

today I have to things concerning me

  1. I just finished the exercise above.
    And there was one thing where I was stunned:
    when I came to
    task 3, Add up outfit prices
    …
    in the code section after get_prices(combomatrix) some code follows where I couldn’t follow at first.
julia> get_prices(combomatrix)
2×2 Matrix{Int}::
 65  110
 50   95

julia> filteredmatrix = filter_clashing(combomatrix)
1-element Vector{Tuple{Dict{String, Any}, Dict{String, Any}}}:
 (Dict("price" => 20, "item_name" => "Casual shirt", "base_color" => "black"), Dict("price" => 30, "item_name" => "Jeans", "base_color" => "blue"))

julia> get_prices(filteredmatrix)
1-element Vector{Int}:
 50

I asked myself;
what is this for,
where is it coming from?

rereading the explanations… still not understanding
doing something else
“read the hints” came to my mind.

just by accident I read the hints of task 4 and then I understood that this code seems to belong to task 4…
where the same function call exists but with slightly different variables and no call of get_prices() of the “filteredmatrix” there.

Later, while doing task 4 I liked the idea of using the variable “filteredmatrix” and call get_prices() again
and realized the output to be different, too (instead of 1-element Vector{Tuple{…) as mentioned in the text a 2 -element Vector{Tuple{…)

  1. how to support Exercism
    I would like to support Exercism regularly…
    but with the ways of doing so provided I couldn’t go til the end.
    Is there a way to have a standing order to a certain bank account being done?
    if so could you please give me the according details?

thanks for your attention in advance

with kind regards

Nisang

What did you get stuck on. There’s the donate page. There is no other backup donate page that works differently.

Thanks Isaac

I was on a different page I guess Exercism Insiders

I got stuck as I didn’t want to pay via paypal and the was an error with my bank I couln’t fix so far.

so there’s no bank ID?

sincerely

Nisang

No idea. My account has a credit card payment set up on that page. That’s the payment page and whatever you see there is all that there is.

Yes, and that’s what not working at the moment!

I don’t have access to anything else here that you don’t have access to, but I can ping @iHiD

1 Like

Would GitHub Sponsors work for your purposes? I just have it set up to use my credit card, but there might be other payment types available.

This code sample does reference the function from Task 4 (filter_clashing), but it’s simply meant to show that get_prices respects the shape of its input. So, when given a Matrix, get_prices returns a Matrix, and when given a Vector, it returns a Vector.

So, in the second example, the output 1-element Vector{...}: is the only information relevant to Task 3 and the producing code can be ignored. That is also why the output is shown for that example, but not for:

julia> combomatrix = get_combinations(tops, bottoms);

Hey BNAndras

first: how would you like me to call you?

I don’t understand the meaning of this question…
can you please be more specific what you mean?

thanks in advance

Nisang

BNAndras or Andras is fine.

GitHub Sponsors is another payment provider besides PayPal on the donation page. I use it because it avoids the international transaction fee if I donate directly to Exercism via credit card. So that might help? Otherwise, I think this is something you would need Jeremy for. We’re volunteers so we don’t have access to the organization’s banking accounts.

We should probably split this thread since this discussion about donations isn’t related to your original Julia feedback.