We recently rewrote the robot-name exercise on the Rust track. Breaking existing solutions was an existing goal, because they were generally bad. But, the non-passing solutions are all still shown in the community solutions tab. Is this intentional? If so, why? Shouldn’t at least passing solutions be shown before non-passing ones? Right now, the few existing passing solutions are hidden by the mass of non-passing ones.
They were published at some point. That they now are broken is not relevant for that.
I agree with this. I don’t recall why it’s not. May just be expensive to query. cc @iHiD
1 Like
Ideally, sorting by most recent solutions would likely have the solutions that were done after the “breaking changes”.
That is the case. Although it seems that the ordering considers the intitial submission. My updated and passing solution does not show up with that filter.
I also suspect that many people will not think of doing this. They probably expect the default to show them the most relevant solutions (passing ones before failing ones).
1 Like