Can online editor be upgraded to .NET 8?

I’m getting the above error while trying to solve Binary Search in F# in the online editor.

Is it possible to give the editor an upgrade?

Not sure what’s so .NET 8 about my code…

let find (input: int array) value =
    let rec searchLoop target left right =
        if left > right then
            None
        else
            let middle = (left + right) / 2

if input[middle] = target then
                Some middle
            elif input[middle] < target then
                searchLoop target (middle + 1) right
            else
                searchLoop target left (middle - 1)

searchLoop value 0 (input.Length - 1)

fsharp/exercises/practice/binary-search/BinarySearch.fsproj at main · exercism/fsharp · GitHub does targets .NET 8. Are you perhaps revisiting an exercise you started a while ago? You might need to update the exercise to get the latest files. There should be a banner on the exercise page referencing that.

I’ve copy-pasted your code in the online editor and it works well for me. Could you check to see if Binary Search in F# on Exercism prompt you to upgrade the exercise to the latest version?

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have seen that prompt to update an exercise on another exercise before but I started this one yesterday. I tried some different paths to get to the editor to maybe trigger the prompt but that never happened.

I finally logged out of Exercism and back in again and then it just accepted the code without issues, maybe the very long logged in session I had running was to blame? I also had C# and F# running side-by-side in different tabs, maybe that’s another factor…

Anyway, all good now! :slight_smile:

1 Like