We get very few (too few!) PRs on the R track, and it’s not much effort for me to deal with them. How do I stop them auto-closing?
I think this topic should be removed (you likely cannot, but Erik / Jeremy can):
…and this file should be deleted.
Closing happens in the linked action.
I did this before for Racket, and that’s correct. Delete the workflow file
to unpause community contributions, and then follow up by removing the topic to avoid any potential confusion for contributors.
If you’re already doing so, please do the same for the wasm track; @keiraville and I are perfectly capable of handling all incoming PRs (since most of them are from one of us anyways).
As a maintainer you can self-delete that file!
One purpose of auto-closing PRs is to let people know that discussions should happen on the forums first. I often find this useful, as it gives other maintainers a chance to contribute valuable input, something that likely wouldn’t happen if the PR were handled directly on GitHub.
The resolution of this, {sh|c}ould be documented somewhere in this collection of documentation: Maintaining Exercism
