There was a recent Discord conversation with a request for Dynamic syntax highlighting for Zig.
Claude generates a plugin that seems reasonable: prototype
Can we create a CodeMirror plugin repo for Zig.
There was a recent Discord conversation with a request for Dynamic syntax highlighting for Zig.
Claude generates a plugin that seems reasonable: prototype
Can we create a CodeMirror plugin repo for Zig.
This is something I’d like to follow up with for my tracks. What kind of prompt did you use for this? I worked in Antigravity (Gemini) and created one for GNU awk. It didn’t use bun though. Is that something you asked for?
Install bun locally.
For a plugin starting point, I downloaded a clone of exercism/generic-codemirror-lang, renamed the directory, and deleted the .git subdirectory.
Resources I included in the prompt:
The link https://exercism.org/docs/building/tracks/new/syntax-highlighting/dynamic
A directory with the language implementation (compiler source).
A directory with some existing exercism/codemirror-lang-* implementations, such as
I never mentioned bun in the prompt.
Does the Code Mirror plugin setup we use only for syntax highlighting? Vim-like bindings might be useful in the Vim script editor. Navigating between symbolic expressions would be nifty for the Lispy tracks.
Sexp navigation might be feasible for Lispy tracks.
Vim mode? Not with a language plugin.