Coding together?

anybody want to learn/build/solve together? I am a noob to be honest, looking at C and all of the stuff complementary to it.
like discord coding sessions/shared editor
would be grateful if anybody could
help me with:
linux(ubuntu), gdb, gcc, git, testing, python/lua/bash, nvim, vsc
Got to problem 29 i think on the C track, which is the last easy problem, feel like I should have already built something but I can’t even get a note taker running (:sunny:

That’s very broad! What sort of help are you looking for? There are all sorts of online tutorials and guides covering those topics.

I think I got a different pace, all bash tutorials I found are video series or 7 hour videos, and after 4 hours they finally get to loops, pretty annoying i would say. If it’s too broad, then let’s forget about everything not linux related, Linux has it’s own kind of eco system it would seem to me, so I would like to learn bash and GNU utils and stuff, I just can’t get going on Exercism with bash. Video Tutorials or docs aren’t really advertising modern workflows either. Also, there is a bunch of interactive learning sites for bash, but it’s like duolingo ( greedy + still slow) ): I get that you need a bunch of praxis with the shell but I believe somebody that knows this stuff could give me a headstart, AI is the next best thing but the chats just always take on a different topic and I hit limits. And since I learned a couple of natural languages pretty easy, I feel like there is something I am missing, is there a “track” I should commit to? I mean I got the note taker running, without AI, pretty proud, but should I feel the need to integrate a Video player or tripple a game into the cli tool? I am just very careful because I don’t want to learn some old library for the sake of learning it, I want to understand and dream in binary 10101010101101010… nah jk, but still, feel kind of gatekept, ofcourse I don’t know how to do stuff without watching other people do it first, but this just doesn’t feel like learning. Maybe I landed in tutorial hell because I switched from windows+vsc on my pc to ubuntu with tmux and lazyvim on my laptop, I hesitated because I thought only people that know this stuff do it to feel cool, but it made things easier, completely unexpected and I am now very hesitant to just take the next best tools and try to get familiar with them. Seriously, I think the tech lords want to keep us small and we should praise Linus Torvalds and the Exercism founders(to a lesser degree), why would I chose tools that just make stuff more difficult?

The bash track does not yet have a learning path, but there are some concept documents written. Have a look at the bash syllabus and see if that helps out.

1 Like