Doctor Data C++ Strange Text

I saw some strange text in the Doctor Data C++ exercise. Is that supposed to be there?

It is intentional, since the exercise is about recovering data.
Just delete the corrupted one and start the exercise.

1 Like

I have another problem related to this “strange text”. I have solved the solution and locally via CLI (on Linux) all tests are passing. But when I tried to upload the solutions, the tests are failing and when I look why, it reports that these strange texts are still there although I deleted it and submitted the files without it! Did anybody have same experience? I tried to modify the files slightly and re-submit but without success - still test check reports the texts being there. It seems that problem is not on my side but on side of Exercism engine. Can somebody from Exercism team please take a look at it? I am now stucks due to it :frowning:

How did you submit the files? What was the exact command? Generally, I think you need to submit both the .cpp and .h files, and that might require specifying both files when you submit through the CLI.

Thanks! You were right … submiting firstly one file in separate submit command and then the other with next submit command apparently did no t work, which is nevertheless not much good behaviour of exercism engine I would say …

Does it with if you run the submit command with no files specified?