Hey, I tried downloading exercism with the exercism guide but something goes wrong… Can anyone help me please?
What did you try? What went wrong? What does it say?
I downloaded the “exercism-darwin-x86_64.tar.gz” file as it says but I think I’m missing something. I’m a complete beginner at this and idk what I’m doing. The file I downloaded and the file it shows is different and I can’t find the Mac file to download in the site.
The instructions tell you to find the download with Darwin in the name. Did you try that?
yeah I did and I’m seeing it all good but as step 3 it says after that I have the program but I dont see any program in my downloads folder.
Check the downloads window in your browser?
when I downloaded the file it showed me this, but when I go off to the next step (create a bin folder on a Mac), I paste this at the terminal “mkdir -p ~/bin” at first but when I try to verify it, it just says “folder created” without the bash-3.2$ part
Your terminal might be set up differently. The important part is that the folder create step created a folder.
here is a screenshot of my terminal before I screen-shoot my terminal
. I did everything step by step and I’m still fcking it up man ![]()
Is there a file names exercism in your Downloads folder?
It looks like exercism is not in ~/Downloads but in ~/Downloads/exercism-3.5.8-darwin-x86_64 so you need to move it from that folder.
I did what you said, I tried it again and everything seems to go step by step until now that I have to do the “Add to $PATH on a Mac” step.
it says “the item exercism didn’t open because apple couldn’t validate if the item exercism has bad software that my harm the Mac or set at risk my privacy.” , and it had two options to click, one who said “move to trash” and another one who said “finish”. and I clicked finish.
Google says,
- How to Open (If Trusted): If you trust the source, go to System Settings > Privacy & Security and click “Open Anyway” near the blocked app message.
I did what you told me to do and everything went fine, I installed the cli and all but now I come head to head with a different problem. When I put the command for the configuration, it says " parse error near `\n’ ". what do I have to do now?
It would be helpful to see exactly what you typed and exactly what it says. Could you copy paste (use a codeblock and not a screenshot please) the terminal so we know what you’re seeing?
its okey I figured it out, I already started the tests, I’m just finding it very difficult to learn how to code through exercism





