In the Integer concept lesson, there is a sentence:
In x86-64, those bits are counted in ascending order from the smallest index. This means x86-64 is little endian.
I think that this sentence is misleading. Little endian is a BYTE-ordering scheme in storing multibyte data in the memory, where the least significant byte is stored at the lowest memory address, the second least byte is stored at the next memory address, and so on. It has nothing to do with the bit-ordering within a byte.
I also feel that this topic should be put in the memory concept lesson. Endianness is more relevant in talking about storing data to and loading data from the memory.
Yes, you are right. To be honest, I don’t remember why I’ve added this to the integers concept. I think it is from my early draft, before creating other concepts (integers was the first).
Do you want to create a PR to add it to the memory concept? Right now this is one of the largest concepts and it is full of important info, so I think endianness should be just mentioned and not explained. And then a link should be added so the student can look it up if needed.
@oxe-b, I am glad that I brought up the issue. Because you seem to have a clear view on how the lessons should be modified, I’d better ask you to work on the PR.