Exercises in courses aren't in order?

Hello. I don’t know how to title it appropriately, I don’t mean that the order of exercises inside a single course is right - I mean that exercises inside a single course require following courses to be learnt already. Imagine me being a total newbie, not knowing the first thing about “if” statements or anything. How am I supposed to complete, for example, the “Grains” exercise and throw an exception without learning a conditionals course first? Or calculate the number of digits for “Armstrong numbers” without the cycles?

The question is, are you supposed to complete only the basic course exercise and return to all the other exercises later, or is it some kind of a mistake after all?

Yes, the practice exercises (like Grains) are not ordered. The syllabus is somewhat ordered (as a tree) and each syllabus concept has a single concept exercise tied to it. Those concept exercises are ordered. The associated practice exercises are not ordered.

That’s a good approach.

Thanks for a quick response! Enjoying the platform a lot so far!

2 Likes