Exercism grep exercise on javascript bug; you cant pass no matter what you do

I tried this exercise but it gave me an error so I emptied all my code to see if that would do nothing and it gave me the same error so i tried p asting a community solution that worked on the latest grep exercise and I got the same error no matter what I did this was on the exercism online browser editor and the specific error message was:
Unexpected token ‘{’. import call expects one or two arguments.

I wasnt using any imports because it was using require() which makes it commonJS

Can confirm that running the example solution from the repo in the online editor results in an error:

Unexpected token '{'

@SleeplessByte

1 Like

I reported this issue last year and SleeplessByte mentioned this exercise should be solved locally.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry! This one needs input via files, and we cannot do that (well) via the web editor without a lot of glue and polyfills of node/file APIs

2 Likes