Hello people,
In the instructions for the C++ exercise “Making the Grades” there is a small typo in at the task 5: “The lists are the same as in task 5” → it should be “task 4”.
If it warrants it, I made a PR :
Hello people,
In the instructions for the C++ exercise “Making the Grades” there is a small typo in at the task 5: “The lists are the same as in task 5” → it should be “task 4”.
If it warrants it, I made a PR :
I’d add that the sentence in question is confusing. It indicates both the student scores and names are the same between tasks 4 and 5. That’s only true for the student names on lines 83-123, not the scores:
From the description I understood that the vectors are of the same type as previously (they contain ints and strings respectively), but yeah it may confusing if you understood that tasks 4 and 5 are to be tested on the same values
It’s confusing because the lists in task 4 are sorted whereas the ones in task 5 are not. I made a PR here https://github.com/exercism/cpp/pull/1016 to fix this.
I’ve been informed that most tracks don’t accept community contributions without a maintainer first authorising it in the forums. Not sure if this is one of those tracks. I may have been too hasty to make a pull request. In any event, who do I tag about this?
Edit: @ErikSchierboom since you authored the pinned introductory post, am I correct to assume you’re one of the maintainers in github?
Sorry, but I am not.
I pinged maintainers for you. Typically you’d ping no one and maintainers would check the forum when they have time to do so as part of their volunteer activities.