Gleam codemirror plugin repo

Hello there!

We’re making a codemirror plugin for Gleam so that folks can have syntax highlighting etc in the Exercism editor.

Would we be able to have a repo created and put under control of the Gleam maintainer team please? Similar to GitHub - exercism/codemirror-lang-wren: Wren language support for the CodeMirror code editor.

Thanks,
Louis

GitHub - exercism/codemirror-lang-gleam :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you! Is there a process for publishing it to npm so it can be added to the website for use in the editor?

I don’t actually know. I mean, I imagine there is, yes. But I don’t know what it looks like. I imagine this is one for @ErikSchierboom when he’s back, or @SleeplessByte might know as I think he has Exercism-hosted packages in NPM too.

@lpil can you post your NPM username here? I can add you to the org (I think).

Since I don’t know how much you know about the npm eco-system I will assume you know almost nothing - even though you probably just need the NPM access - so it may benefit future readers.

npm publish --access public

# Or for yarn
yarn npm publish --access public

You seem to be using NPM (given package-lock.json), so the first one is applicable. It seems that you need to run build before publishing. Thus, for npm, you probably want (which you already have):

// package.json
"prepare": "npm run build"

You also already indicate the build output in the "files" array, which is the right thing to do.

TL;DR, tell me your NPM username and you can self-publish this.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you!

I’m lpil on npm

Invited! Check your email

Has an NPM package been published yet?

1 Like

Just published it now!

PR created: Add codemirror support for Gleam by ErikSchierboom · Pull Request #5656 · exercism/website · GitHub