Grammatical mistake in Freelancer Rates exercise

There’s a grammatical mistake that I’ve underlined. It should say “There are in total 22 workdays.”

Underlined is the text 'There is in total 22 workdays,' showing a grammatical mistake.

I’m sorry if I’m in the wrong place for this, but like. This isn’t that big a deal, is it?

Thank you for calling this out! IIRC this exercise is forked from another track, possibly Python? The fix should be to sync from the origin. I can look into doing this.

Python has Currency Exchange, not Freelancer Rates. I’ve seen this particular exercise on Javascript and Elixir. It seems all three introduce the number of billable workdays in different ways so this seems specific to Swift.

1 Like
» grep -l freelancer-rates */config.json
abap/config.json
cpp/config.json
elixir/config.json
gleam/config.json
javascript/config.json
swift/config.json
x86-64-assembly/config.json

» grep -h 22 */exercises/concept/freelancer-rates/.docs/instructions.md | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
      1 There is in total  **_22 workdays_**.
      2 Your excellent work-life balance means that you only work 22 days in each calendar month, so **_every month has 22 billable days._**
      3 - A month has 22 billable days.

Six versions, Swift being unique, the rest being shared across at least one other track. I’ll do some tidying.

1 Like

cpp, elixir and x86-64-assembly are all pretty close. This tidied up some of the differences between them (merging in improvements) and brings swift onboard with them.