I'd like to add the Reverse-String exercise to the Elixir track

I cloned a copy, fetched the configlet, ran bin/configlet – practice exercise reverse-string, now what?

oh, you don’t actually WANT that one! :laughing:

Indeed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now you fill out the tests using the data from problem specifications (or if the track has a generator, ask it to do that for you). Compare the tests of (e.g.) anagram in the canonical-data in PS to the actual tests in Elxiir.

oh, you don’t actually WANT that one! :laughing:

Indeed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Indeed indeed :grin:

In fact, Elixir’s practice exercises are quite “complete” at the moment. What I mean by that, is that there are 3 types of practice exercises in Exercism’s problem specifications with regard to their status on the Elixir track:

• exercises that are implemented on the Elixir track,
  • exercises that were omitted from the Elixir track on purpose (listed as foregone),
  • and exercises that exist in problem specifications without canonical data, and the Elixir track does not want to implement them yet, because we don’t want the overhead of not having organization-wide canonical data (coming up with your own tests, having to argue with students which tests are missing and which needs to be changed etc.)

For now, there is no need to add any new practice Exercises to the Elixir track, but that might change in the future if new exercises get added to problem specifications.

If you enjoy working with Elixir, maybe you would also enjoy Erlang or Gleam? I think those tracks have a higher need for more Exercism contributions :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes