Invitation to Maintainers: Testing the Moonscript track

Yet another new track about to be launched! Moonscript is like Coffeescript for Lua.

https://exercism.org/tracks/moonscript

The next step is to test the track: Test track | Exercism's Docs

Can maintainers please look over the docs and perhaps try some exercises?

Cheers!

1 Like

Looks nice. The docs work for me, and the stubs make sense. I did a few exercises, and this is a good addition to the website.

Now we just need Civet, and we have CoffeeScripts for JS, Lua, and then TS. :)

1 Like

No problems so far, but I can’t help wondering why it has the same track icon as Odin.

1 Like

That’s the default icon when a track doesn’t have a custom one. Jeremy makes the icons so it might be a while before either track gets their own icon.

2 Likes

This is a “no-icon”, while the “correct” icon is not added. The Lean track is in the same situation.

Icons are added by Jeremy after an issue is created on the repo.

1 Like

The Moonscript website uses an eclipse in their icon, but I think that logo is a bit busy for a track icon. Something like Eclipse Icon - Free PNG & SVG 7207218 - Noun Project might work, and I believe Exercism has a subscription already.

I agree. I mentioned something similar in the website-icons issue.

1 Like

I found a bug in the test runner. Stand by

1 Like

Oopsie, that’s a mixed message:

1 Like

It’s fixed now.

1 Like

I solved 8 exercises here using the web editor without any issues. In fact, it feels very snappy. Also, nice language, lovely regex support.

I’ll try installing it on my machine later.

1 Like

That is not something I hear about Lua.

Wait until you use the “frontier pattern”, that’s a sense of accomplishment!

1 Like

Well, to be honest I didn’t try things like backreferences and such. But it felt nice iterating over regex matches =)

Tried it locally and everything worked without issues. The docs seem fine too.

1 Like

Not sure if intentional, but there is no stub in allergies.

Good catch.

Fixed in populate the stub for allergies by glennj · Pull Request #79 · exercism/moonscript · GitHub

There are also no stubs for line-up matrix spiral-matrix triangle

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

populate the stub for line-up, matrix, spiral-matrix, triangle by glennj · Pull Request #80 · exercism/moonscript

micro-blog gives me this error on the web editor even if I try to return an empty string:

./micro_blog_spec.moon:5: attempt to call a nil value (field 'truncate')

Right now this is the stub for the exercise:

truncate: (str) ->
  error 'Implement me'
  
{ :truncate }

If I change to this, things start to work:

truncate = (str) ->
  error 'Implement me'
  
{ :truncate }
1 Like

Care to submit a PR and get some rep?

1 Like