I have tried following the steps on CLI installation, and I am getting stuck on verifying the installation.
There are some differences I have seen:
The difference of the CLI as in the GitHub and the one that was able to be downloaded. There is only one option on the GitHub
I did copy and paste thedownloaded cli to pathway asked as below
However, on running the command exercism on command prompt, I get the: ‘exercism’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I also tried installing the CLI directlu after downloading but it failed several times, citing failed to establish internet connection, yet my internet connection is okay. I have tried downloading other sites and streaming and it is working okay.
IsaacG
August 4, 2026, 12:47pm
2
IreneGithundi:
I also tried installing the CLI directlu after downloading but it failed several times, citing failed to establish internet connection, yet my internet connection is okay. I have tried downloading other sites and streaming and it is working okay.
Does that mean you were able to run the CLI but got an error when doing so? What was the exact error? Did you use the exercism configure command?
I used the exercism command and the output is: ‘exercism’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I checked the appropriate pathway where we are supposed to paste the CLI if its there and it is.
IsaacG
August 7, 2026, 5:52am
4
If you open a terminal, navigate to the folder with the exercism binary and run .\exercism.exe what do you get?
I am getting: ‘.\exercism.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
IsaacG
August 7, 2026, 12:47pm
6
That suggests you don’t have the Exercism CLI there. In that same directory, what exactly do you get if you run dir?
1 Like