JavaScript/Bird Watcher Test Error

Hello,
When I try to click Run Tests on the Bird Watcher exercise, I receive this error on the Results page:

module record has unexpected status: New

Here is a picture of what I see:

Here were my fix attempts:
Refresh browser β†’ Same result
Close browser, then open new browser and new webpage β†’ Same result
Change line/lines in code β†’ Same result

Anything else I can try to fix this? I would like to progress onto the next modules :sweat_smile:

Can you share your full solution in a code block?

of course, here you go:

// @ts-check
//
// The line above enables type checking for this file. Various IDEs interpret
// the @ts-check directive. It will give you helpful autocompletion when
// implementing this exercise.

/**
 * Calculates the total bird count.
 *
 * @param {number[]} birdsPerDay
 * @returns {number} total bird count
 */
export function totalBirdCount(birdsPerDay) {
  let total = 0
  for (let i = 0; i < birdsPerDay.length; i++) {
    total += birdsPerDay[i];
  }
  return total;
}

/**
 * Calculates the total number of birds seen in a specific week.
 *
 * @param {number[]} birdsPerDay
 * @param {number} week
 * @returns {number} birds counted in the given week
 */
export function birdsInWeek(birdsPerDay, week) {
  let total = 0
  for (let i = ((week - 1) * 7) ; i < (week * 7); i++) {
    total += birdsPerDay[i];
  }
  return total;
}

/**
 * Fixes the counting mistake by increasing the bird count
 * by one for every second day.
 *
 * @param {number[]} birdsPerDay
 * @returns {void} should not return anything
 */
export function fixBirdCountLog(birdsPerDay) {
  birdsPerDay[0]++;
  for (int i = 1; i < birdsPerDay.length; i += 2) {
    birdsPerDay[i]++;
  }
}

If you check fixBirdCountLog, there’s a typo in your for loop where you declare i. Fixing that should get the tests to run.

1 Like

what a simple mistake :person_facepalming:

thank you