The Odin track is on the verge of launch.The next step is to test the track: Test track | Exercism's Docs
Can maintainers please head to https://exercism.org/tracks/odin and look over the docs and perhaps try some exercises? We thank you.
The Odin track is on the verge of launch.The next step is to test the track: Test track | Exercism's Docs
Can maintainers please head to https://exercism.org/tracks/odin and look over the docs and perhaps try some exercises? We thank you.
@glennj, is there a reason when I click on the link above (https://exercism.org/tracks/odin) that I get a “404 Page Not Found”. I thought, as a maintainer of the Odin track that I would have access to the beta.
All Exercism maintainers should have access regardless of which track they’re affiliated with. Did you link your GH username in the Exercism account settings?
I tried an exercise, and immediately hit a snag so I also sent a mentoring request but I don’t assume there are many available mentors right now, lol
### We received the following error when we ran your code:
doesn’t give me the original error message when I do Leap.
I had the same experience with Hello World: “the following error” was blank.
is_leap_year :: proc(year: int) -> bool {
return year % 4 == 0 && (year % 100 != 0 || year % 400 == 0)
}
This gave me the empty error message originally. I ran it without the parentheses, and it passed. I put the parentheses back in and it passed again.
I’m having some issues with the test runner. I’ve identified one bug so far (it has problems with exercises with only one test: hello hello-world)
The test-runner tests are failing in CI, and I don’t know why. I’m seeing evidence of exit status 132 which seems to mean segfault, so maybe the Dockerfile is wrong?
Odin doesn’t show up in the mentoring tracks list. I suppose the track has to be live.
This is pretty much my exact issue that I requested mentioning about.
Also, I didn’t know the track needs to be live for that, lol. The more you learn every day.
They are linked, I checked under exercism/integration, I can also see reputation points I got from contributing so it is definitively the correct account, but … still can’t see the Odin Track (404).
Update: discard previous post, I can now see the Odin track thanks to @ErikSchierboom.
That’s correct. Without students able to join, there really isn’t a need for mentors. It’d probably cause confusion too since maintainers who are also mentors would then see all the WIP tracks in the mentoring queue list dropdown.
OK, I think this is now resolved
I had made some efforts to slim the docker image, and I think that broke the Odin installation. So unfortunately the image is now pretty fat, 2.5GB.
Unfortunate, but it makes me feel better about failing to get the Julia image below 1.4GB. Creators of various newer languages seem mostly indifferent about installation size.
I think I found a way: using a prebuilt release package from Odin’s GitHub repo shrinks it to about 700MB
Can a guardian please review shrink the image by using the release package from github by glennj · Pull Request #17 · exercism/odin-test-runner · GitHub
@Cool-Katt @colinleach @BNAndras can you please confirm that the earlier problems have been resolved?
My issue is resolved.
Seems good now.
yep, all good for me