Maintainership?

Module Module1
    Sub Main()
        Dim message As String = "Can"
        message &= " I"
        message &= " be"
        message &= " a"
        message &= " maintainer"
        message &= " please?"
        Console.WriteLine(message)
    End Sub
End Module

+cc @ErikSchierboom

The track is currently unmaintained.

1 Like

For now. I’m gonna maintain it really nice.

3 Likes

I’ve got a few PRs drafted to sync problem-specs, bump the test runner to .NET 10, update the track’s solution file, and add .editorconfig files. I’ll take care of restorable package lock files in the next day or so and update the track docs. I was going to hand-audit the existing tests.tomls to see if all tests are implemented, but it might make more sense to adapt the C# test generator and start preparing templates.

Edit - I’m going to skip the test generator for now, but bumping the test runner to v3 seems feasible thanks to Erik’s previous work on the C#/F# test runners.

2 Likes

[sarcasm]
Are you qualified?
[/sarcasm]

2 Likes

He seems a tad green to me. ;-) I mean, he’s only maintaining 5 (6??) other tracks…

1 Like

yeah, what a newb

1 Like

8 at the moment and I have the gray hairs to prove it…

2 Likes

The VB track is on .NET 10 now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Erik, when you get to this, I’d like to also remove the community-contributions-paused topic from the track and test runner repos. Thanks

Oops, I forgot to CC @ErikSchierboom in the original maintainership request. Maybe Glenn was right about me being a newb. :slight_smile:

1 Like

gh: No server is currently available to service your request. Sorry about that. Please try resubmitting your request and contact us if the problem persists. (HTTP 503)

I’ll have to try again later.

1 Like

I ported the C# test generator (thanks again, Erik!) and updated the remaining track docs as well. I’ll pick at backfilling generator templates for the practice exercises. That’s it for major changes at the moment. The door is still open for a track syllabus since we’re on a v3 test runner now, but that’s not a priority for me yet.

Edit - 99 templates down so almost there!

4 Likes

Generator templates are all in except for linked-list which I’ll take care of this week. At this point, all exercises are up-to-date, the test runner is on v3, the track docs are updated, and everything should be good to go until .NET 11 drops in November. Woot.

3 Likes