Major AWS outage that affects Exercism

While I am writing this, AWS (the cloud provider Exercism runs on) is experiencing a major issue. Parts or all of Exercism may be offline or see failures.

4 Likes

This is correct. To further expand on this:

https://health.aws.amazon.com/health/status

Definitely impacted are:

As of now not impacted are:

  • This forum
  • GitHub
  • Our discord

There isn’t much we (Exercism, and their users) can do than to sit and wait!

3 Likes

how coincidental that exercism went down exactly around the same time I got my PR for a typo accepted, almost made me think I was the reason for the crash XDD

4 Likes

AWS has recovered, and all affected services should now be back to normal.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’m still not able to log in on the main site (bad gateway error, code 502, from Cloudflare). Even logging in here on the forum site took a long time and serveral tries.

1 Like

Same thing on my side. I keep getting the errors, i do not understand why this error is still persistent after 20 or so hours

1 Like

Same here. I am still experiencing 502 error trying to access the main site.

2 Likes

It looks like everything is running again.

2 Likes

It was a new issue, unrelated to the first outage, but has self-recovered!