Mecha Munch Management typos

There seems to be many typos in the instructions for Mecha Munch Management (and related areas):

  • The header “Merge or Update Dictionaries Via the Union (|) Operators” isn’t grammatical; It was probably meant to either end with “Via the Union (|) Operator” or “Via Union (|) Operators.” (This error is present in the dict methods concept as well.)
  • The following line from the intro is missing a comma (added in brackets): “Mecha Munch™, a grocery shopping automation company[,] has just hired you to work on their ordering app.”
  • The dict methods concept also has the header: “Transposing a Dictionaries Keys and Values”, which should be “Transposing a Dictionary’s Keys and Values.”
  • The third line of the update_recipes() docstring (in the starting template) is confusing: “:param recipe_updates: iterable - with updates for the ideas section.” Either the word “with” should be removed, or something like “a dict” should be added before it.
  • The first line of the sort_entries() docstring says “in alphabetically order” instead of “in alphabetical order.”
  • Many places are missing an apostrophe in “users” (i.e. it should be “user’s” in that context):
    • The task 1 title: “1. Add Item(s) to the Users Shopping Cart”
    • The task 2 title: “2. Read in Items Listed in the Users Notes App”
    • The first paragraph of task 2: “The application now has to create a shopping cart by reading items off a users notes app.”
    • The first paragraph of task 5: “The app needs to send a given users cart to the store for fulfillment.”
    • All three lines of the sort_entries() docstring.
    • The first two lines of the send_to_store() docstring.

Sorry if this is a lot. I would be happy to put together a PR with fixes if a python maintainer gives me a go-ahead.

Hi @Yrahcaz7,

I’m the current maintainer of the Python repos and they’re closed to new community contributions at this time. A few contributors (most of them maintainers from other tracks) have some pre-approved work in progress, but I don’t have time to take on any more. Sorry.

As I have some other things to do at the moment, I will have to defer addressing your issues until later today/next week. I’ll update here when I can.

Thanks for reporting all these, and for your attention to detail. I hope you are enjoying the track and the syllabus. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s fine, none of these are really urgent issues. Thanks for your efforts in maintaining the Python track! Besides some minor typos like these, the syllabus seems perfect so far!

1 Like

Addressed in PR 4166. Will be merged shortly, pending CI tests passing. :smile:

1 Like