Minor grammar tweak4: Basics, Promises, Template-Strings, Errors, Factory-sensors Exercise

On Promises:
Link: Here

Observation: The text reads:

This is a hard topic for many people, specially if you know programming in a language that is completely synchronous.

I think it ought to be:

This is a hard topic for many people, especially if you know programming in a language that is completely synchronous.


On Template_Strings:
Link: Here

Observation: The text reads:

In JavaScript, template strings allows for embedding expressions in strings, also referred to as string interpolation.

I think it ought to be:

In JavaScript, template strings allow for embedding expressions in strings, also referred to as string interpolation.

Do you interprete it as <<<Template strings as a whole/a function>>>, i.e the function that allows for the functionality of the template strings.
If so, I think the “allows” is fine.


On Errors:
Link: Here

Observation: The text reads:

They are javascript objects.

I think it ought to be:

They are JavaScript objects.


On Basics:
Link: Here

Observation: The text reads:

// Can not be re-assigned.

I think it ought to be:

// Cannot be re-assigned.


On Factory-sensors Exercise:
Link: Here

Observation: The text reads:

Implements a function monitorTheMachine that takes an argument actions.

I think it ought to be:

Implement a function monitorTheMachine that takes an argument actions.

What do you think?

These are some typos I found on my journey.

Yeah you can PR to fix them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, thanks.
I want to bring to your attention, this as well. If you can review it, and give the go-ahead for PR, I’ll PR it together with this.

What do you think?

Also:
If you permit that I PR them altogether, do I then attach both forum discussion links to the PR?

Yes, tiny fixes like this all discovered together, can all be added together, please.

2 Likes

PR has been made.

In case you haven’t yet, check out https://hacktoberfest.com/ as your contributions have been accepted against it.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff.

1 Like