Need help auditing current state of implemented tests

See Sync practice exercises with problem specifications · Issue #415 · exercism/vbnet · GitHub. At the moment, VB has 100+ exercises. I need to check the current state of their test suites against the upstream problem-specifications. Feel free to claim one of the sub-issues to work on. If I recall correctly, a lot of exercises were added during 12in23 so they shouldn’t be too out-of-date.

I picked up #453 (isbn-verifier). It was missing two canonical cases - “only one check digit is allowed” and “X is not substituted by the value 10” - both pure additions, no reimplements involved. The existing Example.vb already handles both correctly, so no solution changes were needed, just .meta/tests.toml and the test file.

Verified locally with ./bin/test.ps1 isbn-verifier — 21/21 passing.

PR: Sync isbn-verifier with problem specifications by ManasDasri · Pull Request #531 · exercism/vbnet · GitHub

Happy to pick up more from #415 if this looks good.

Thanks, I’ll review later today.

Picked up #512 (wordy) as well. Four missing canonical cases, all pure additions (no reimplements): “just a zero”, “just a negative number”, “addition with a left hand zero”, “addition with a right hand zero”. No changes to Example.vb needed - the existing regex-based solution already handles zero and negative-number inputs correctly.

Verified via ./bin/test.ps1 wordy - 27/27 passing.

PR: Sync wordy with problem specifications by ManasDasri · Pull Request #537 · exercism/vbnet · GitHub

2 Likes

Quick update on this one: my first commit accidentally duplicated a chunk of .meta/tests.toml (looked like a copy-paste issue, not related to the actual test additions). BNAndras caught it in review and asked me to restore the original file and only add the new cases.

Pushed a fix commit that removes the duplicated content. Also ran configlet sync -e wordy --tests --update locally afterward to confirm tests.toml is fully in sync with problem-specifications - no discrepancies, git diff clean.

PR is back to a clean state, waiting on re-review now.

1 Like

Hey!

I checked the current variable-length-quantity tests against the latest canonical data in problem-specifications.

I found 5 missing canonical test cases, all asymmetric encode cases:

  • asymmetric single byte
  • asymmetric double byte
  • asymmetric triple byte
  • asymmetric quadruple byte
  • asymmetric quintuple byte

I added those tests, updated .meta/tests.toml with configlet sync, and verified the complete test suite.

31/31 tests are passing.

I’ve pushed the changes in #538.

1 Like