- Site: https://odin-lang.org
- GitHub: GitHub - odin-lang/Odin: Odin Programming Language
- Discord: Odin Programming Language
I searched both the Exercism forum and Discord and found no previous mentions of a potential Odin track.
I searched both the Exercism forum and Discord and found no previous mentions of a potential Odin track.
Are you available to actively build and launch this track? I’d suggest looking over the new track documentation at Request a new Track | Exercism's Docs if you haven’t already.
A example implementation of the hello-world exercise and the associated tests in Odin using the canonical data at https://github.com/exercism/problem-specifications/tree/main/exercises/hello-world would help Exercism staff gauge what work needs to be done for the proposed track.
I’m available, though it might take a bit to start. ![]()
I’ve already started on my implementation! ![]()
Looks good. Give the Exercism staff a little time to look over the hello-world example, and they’ll take it from here. ![]()
Looks good! I’ve created the repo: GitHub - exercism/odin: Exercism exercises in Odin. You should have an invite to join the Odin maintainers team @Nezteb
Hi all, with the recent buzz about Odin, I’d love to help getting the Odin track on Exercism up and running. I’ve forked the repo and started with the first few exercises, updated the configs so that configlet lint is at least happy, and am looking at the Github workflows now.
Is there anything else I can do to contribute?
Thanks Erik – first PR from my side is there. I tried to get the CI and tooling to the point where I can now focus on the exercises and content. Any feedback is much appreciated!
It’s been a while since I played with Odin, but I’ll review your PR!
I’d be very interested in helping with this track. Is anyone still working on it? The repo seems pretty dead. If not, what would be the best way for me to get it going again?
@Nezteb is currently listed as the sole maintainer. If you want to build out the track, you should read through the docs on building a track, figure out where the track is at, and continue filling in the gaps.
I have been looking at the (candidate) Odin track at (GitHub - exercism/odin: Exercism exercises in Odin.) and it seems like nobody has been working on it for a year now. There are enough exercises in the queued pull requests (17) and in the track (5) to reach the minimum number of 20 and start the track. It seems that the only maintainer @Nezteb is not active anymore so there is nobody to advance the PR. Is anybody on this thread working this track? Anybody interested in restarting it? I am willing to help.
Are you interested in taking over as a track maintainer and building it out?
I am.
I would need a little bit of help with the github actions. I looked at it yesterday and read about how to create/maintain a track but I don’t fully understand some of the mechanics (like the PRs about .github/workflows/no-important-files-changed.yml). As long as I have somebody I can ask questions from or who can point me to more reading material I am willing to give it a try.
I pinged @Nezteb on Twitter to see if he’s still interested in working on this track.
+cc @iHiD and @ErikSchierboom who can make decisions about maintainers.
I would like to help out this track.
You can ping me (@sleeplessbyte) if you need a check. Cross-track maintainers and guardian (including Isaac and me) are also generally available.