MoonScript is described as “CoffeeScript for Lua”
@ErikSchierboom can you please bootstrap repos for moonscript and moonscript-test-runner, please.
MoonScript is described as “CoffeeScript for Lua”
@ErikSchierboom can you please bootstrap repos for moonscript and moonscript-test-runner, please.
I don’t have experience with either, but it seems the ‘dialect’ YueScript has had more commits in the past month, that MoonScript has had commits in the past two years.
Both seem to be actively developed, which isn’t strictly speaking a criterion for a new track. YueScript markets itself as a playground for new features that might come to MoonScript, and being on the bleeding edge means maintainers may need to spend more time fixing things. Presumably someone who learns MoonScript can then pick up YueScript easily but the inverse might also not be true.
I found moonscript to have a really compelling story. In an unbelievable burst of creativity, a game developer decided to write a language (MoonScript), a web framework (Lapis) and then a site to let developers post and sell their games (itch.io).
The origin story of yuescript is, to me, more mundane: make moonscript better.
On an aside, are there other CoffeeScript-likes? I only know of Civet which is CoffeeScript for Typescript.
I don’t know. I’m my research I did find a couple of Lisps and an ML that compile to Lua.
Done! Enjoy
Glenn and I discussed this on Github, but I’d like to join the track as a maintainer given my recent contributions to the track. We’re both cross-track-reviewers so I believe the repositories would remain autonomous.
I had totally missed this, but you’ve been added to the track!