Hello, I’m working on the C# learning tree in my Google Chrome web browser and need to complete the exercise Wizards and Warriors 2.0 to move on, but the exercise refuses to properly run and keeps giving me the error message,
"An error occurred
An error occurred while running your tests. This might mean that there was an issue in our infrastructure, or it might mean that you have something in your code that’s causing our systems to break.
Please check your code, and if nothing seems to be wrong, try running the tests again."
It gives me this same error message with both the default boiler plate code at the exercise start and when I return the correct values in the methods too. The other day I saw that Exercism updated their entire C# track to a new version of C# so maybe something went wrong with this exercise? Can anyone else get the tests to run for this particular problem in their web browser on the C# track? Every other exercise other than this one has been working for me so far since the C# update. Any help or suggestions on solving this issue would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks so much!
I can replicate the timeout on Wizards and Warriors 2.0 with both the starting code and the exemplar. I wasn’t able to replicate this issue on the other Wizards and Warriors exercse earlier in the syllabus.
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! It’s all working again. I just want you to know that I’ve been using your C# tree over the past year or so to teach myself C# from scratch (with hardly any background in programming) by slowly working through and solving the problems at my pace on stream, and now I’m almost finished with the tree. The tree has been a tremendous help in providing me with engaging and interesting problems at my level of understanding, some of which I revisit and solve again when I forget a concept. Thank you so much for bringing such an incredible learning resource to life and for also taking such good care of it as well as its users. I went from not being able to write or understand the Hello World example to being pretty comfortable and familiar with identifying most everything I see or write now on Exercism. I used to feel completely lost when it came to searching through documentation, but the problems on Exercism have also taught me gradually over time by slowly not holding my hand as much to get better at reading and searching through documentation and on how to more efficiently find what I’m looking for. It’s been a really great experience and I’m excited to try taking what I’ve learned to go out and build things! Thank you again.