Outdated timeline references on the Editions docs page

While reading through the Exercism docs, I noticed that the Editions page contains some outdated information. In the Research and Teams sub-sections, the text says:

We’ll be announcing more about this in early/late 2022.

Since that date has long passed, would it make sense to update these lines?

I’ve got a few options in mind:

  • If the projects are still in development, update the text to reflect the current status (and a new timeline, if one exists)
  • If they’re paused, something like: “Exercism Research/Teams Edition is currently on hold. We hope to share more in the future.”
  • Or simply remove the timeline sentence entirely

I was originally going to open a GitHub issue about this, but followed the contributing guidelines here to the forum instead.

All the best,
Alexander

1 Like

Agreed, I was waiting for news about this for YEARS until I retired! :frowning:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, there’s a repeated colon for each of the editions. The first one is bolded since it’s part of the hyperlink text along with the name. The second one isn’t part of the hyperlink so it’s not bolded. Maybe this is an i18n-related issue.

Standard::

Research::

Teams::

1 Like

Ah, good eyes I didn’t catch the double colon marks! :slight_smile:

i18n-related issue? Like a localisation issue? I’m not familiar with that term.

Stack Overflow question that is similar has some good examples and answers.

1 Like