Published date in site updates is not correct

Exercism gives an overview of latest updates made to the Exercism.

The “Published At” column is wrong:

I took this screenshot at “2024-03-16 21:52:… UTC” so it is not possible that the latest update is on “2024-03-17 00:12:47 UTC”.

I’m in UTC+1 (France/Paris). Updating my browser sensors to UTC-7 (America/Los_Angeles) gives me the same “2024-03-17 00:12:47 UTC”, so the offset error is most likely server side.

The exercise was published (Add `bank-account` exercise (#364) · exercism/prolog@104dcbd · GitHub) at “2024-03-16T21:12:31Z”.

There certainly is an error on the server, be it a timezone configuration (UTC+3?) or a wrong handling of the date inside the code.

While this is not critical to solve, I think solving this may be rather straightforward by either updating server’s timezone to UTC (db timezone may be at a play here too) or by adding the offset on rendering.

Reference:

Site updates are published a few hours after the exercises are put live to give maintainers time to update the text before they go public, so the times you’re seeing are correct :slight_smile:

Site updates are published a few hours after the exercises are put live to give maintainers time to update the text before they go public, so the times you’re seeing are correct

Oh okay, so the “Published at” may be a date in the future in case the site updates has not yet hapened ?

Maybe a small question mark “?” explaining this would be great.

1 Like