R track maintainer list

I’m happy to report that @BethanyG got interested enough in the R track to spend the last 48 hours (fairly continuously) adding a Jinja2-based test generator. We still need to beat on it some more to find the edge cases, but it currently looks good.

Along the way, the belief that Python-R interop is getting better all the time was pretty well vindicated. The (fairly) new R linter/styler Air turns out to be available in PyPI, so it can be pip-installed from the Python side as well as R-installed from CRAN. Polyglot data science for the win!

@ErikSchierboom, could you please add @BethanyG as an R maintainer? If necessary I could make the case that this up-and-coming young programmer deserves the status, but it would seem … gratuitous.

4 Likes

Arrrrgh, matey! That’s great news.

you know, I’ve been Pyret curious for a while now…

But then get intimidated. But then get curious…

I have to confess that the emoji-riffic CI tests for R is what pushed me over the line. :laughing: Now I need to modify Python’s CI scripts (JOKING).

3 Likes

I thought a pirate’s first love was the C.

3 Likes

Sure. I’ve just added Bethany to the R maintainers.

2 Likes