I was completing exercises in the Rust track and decided I would go back to an exercise that I had left unsolved.
Since I wanted a fresh start, I looked around for a button to revert the code in the editor to what it was the first time I opened it and I found it under the three-dots menu as “Revert to exercise start”.
Great! I clicked it and it worked just fine!
Right away I started typing my would-be solution to the exercise and quickly realized I got it totally wrong; thus, armed with the newly-found knowledge of the “Revert to exercise start” button, I tried to use it again to start afresh.
Sadly, this time it didn’t work. The button was clickable but it appeared to be no longer functional.
In order to get it working again, I had to quit out of the editor with “Back to exercise” and then open it again.
To summarize, the “Revert to exercise start” button acts as if it’s a single-use button within an editor session.