Shellcheck GHA workflow for bash?

I see a factor test runner PR for shellcheck. That sounds like something that should happen in the bash track. There will be lots of little ticky-tack changes to make first.

Is this something we should proceed with?

I think that’s a good idea! Most of the tracks have shell scripts in bin that might benefit.

What about the example solutions? This is my last post before heading to bed, but I’m thinking that at least errors and warnings should be eliminated. I know the example are “just prove it can be solved”, but there should be some minimum code standards.

I could go either way. I think we can clean up the examples to pass shellcheck. But I think skipping the solutions or ignoring some errors is fine, too, if holding the examples to shellcheck’s standards is a pain.

My initial inclination is to hold them to shellcheck’s standards.

1 Like