Some Community Solutions pages are empty

I just finished Prism in the TypeScript track and hoped to check over some better solutions but no solutions show up. I’ve seen another thread of a similar issue reported with Line Up on the same track, which appears to still be the case. The pages load as empty across different browsers and whether logged in or out so I assume it’s not an issue on my end, but I have only checked on one device.

Additional list:
Change
State of Tic Tac Toe
Bottle Song
Flower Field
Poker
Yacht
Line Up
Split Second Stopwatch
Prism
Camicia

It might take a while for your solution to show up so generally I’d give it a day. However, that’s odd that no older solutions are showing. At minimum, I’ve got a published solution for both exercises that should be showing up from months ago. I wonder if a worker job got stuck pushing solutions into Community Solutions, but only staff have access to the Exercism backend.

When a similar issue (missing community solutions for some students) showed up on the Python track, it had to do with the Representer erroring. Once that was fixed, Erik had to manually kick off a script that re-did all of the representations, and re-populated the community solutions.

I don’t know if that is what’s wrong here - but I think that the re-population is a manual kick-off.

@SleeplessByte @Cool-Katt Can you provide input? Have there been changes to the Typescript representer lately? Who can look into infrastructure logs? @ErikSchierboom ?

I don’t think either the Typescript or the Javascript Representers have had any PRs merged lately and both representers seem to work according to the build status page, so I have no useful input here.

The PRs that have been merged on the main tracks shouldn’t be resulting in such behaviour.

I won’t be looking at infrastructure logs, sorry.

I’m sorry to harp on this but I encountered two more empty solutions pages today back to back, so I scanned the track for others and have edited the first post with those I found. My method wasn’t especially scientific so I may have missed some, but I found ten Typescript problems overall with no community solutions.

Line Up was mentioned in the post I linked from May 24, so I think it may have been like that for some time. Another, Change, was only added to the track a month ago according to the track activity list on the track page.

I didn’t include Tournament but it’s only showing two solutions, and I imagine more than two people have solved&published solutions for it since it went up.

I don’t mean to sound demanding given this is a free platform essentially maintained by the community from what I have seen, so I hope it doesn’t come across that way. Nevertheless a big draw of using the platform for me personally is the ability to finish a challenge and then scan over what other people have done for improvements (that are often not as terse or golfed as some other sites), so finishing a challenge and not being able to do that is deflating.

Track content is maintained by community volunteers. Website infrastructure is more or less maintained by one person, Jeremy, whose priority recently has been on building and launching Jiki.

1 Like