Syntax highlighting?

Where are we at on the syntax highlighting? @glennj @ghaberek @petelomax @ErikSchierboom (just pulling you all in here by way of attempting to coordinate)

We should certainly wait on Jq syntax highlighting - #10 by dem4ron

Gimme a couple of days to fix something in If you can Amazingly I have somehow actually built Phix highlightjs, a process which has utterly defeated me for more than a year, so you might be able to use that as-is for Euphoria, or at least use it as a decent starting point.

1 Like

@ErikSchierboom how do I get Pete’s work into play?

Of course the other challenge is getting highlighting into the text-editor.

Be advised joshgoebel (Josh Goebel) · GitHub is currently looking at this hjs-side, see Phix by petelomax · Pull Request #3728 · highlightjs/highlight.js · GitHub now merged into main

1 Like

I’ll have a look tomorrow

@axtens @petelomax The GitHub - highlightjs/highlightjs-phix: Highlight.js Grammar for Phix library needs to be published to NPM before you can use it for the euphoria track. That’s something @petelomax will need to do.

So what’s the situation with CodeMirror regarding Euphoria? Is this something else we need to address?

I don’t think there is a CodeMirror package for Euphoria, so that would have to be created (please double check if it isn’t there yet).

As far as I can tell, there’s nothing. Who’s the local expert? Where do I start? Where’s the documentation?

I’ve created highlightjs-phix - npm (my first ever!)

1 Like

CodeMirror Language Package Example I don’t think we have an existing expert (I might be mistaken).

Hmm … a bit beyond my skillset at this point in time. Anyone else? @glennj @ghaberek @petelomax @BNAndras ?

No thanks. I’ve got my hands full at the moment. I do need to look into CodeMirror for the Pyret track, but it’s a low priority for me.

2 Likes